Skip navigation


Everything you need to know about envelopes


A blank-fed knife is also knows as a die or blank cutter and is used to cut out the shape of the unfolded envelope or blank. Reel-fed machines use a series of knifes, called profile knives, at different stages to cut the reel to form the seams, flaps, windows and finally to separate the envelopes from the reel prior to folding.